- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder, such as ancho or chipotle
- 1 tbsp pureed chipotle peppers packed in adobo sauce
- 28-oz(796-ml) can diced tomatoes with juices
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- salt & freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 14 oz (398 ml) can pinto beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- In large, deep saucepan, heat oil over medium. Add onion, celery, carrots, bell pepper & garlic. Cook stirring, until vegetables are softened, about 7 minutes. Add chili powder & chipotles. Cook stirring, 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes with juices & stock. Bring to boil. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Add quinoa, beans and corn. cook stirring until mixture returns to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until quinoa is tender about 25 minutes.