I was served raclette at a dinner party recently - it was amazing - greater than the sum of it's parts as they say. So when I saw this recipe for a raclette casserole, I was interested.
6 large new potatoes
1 large carrot sliced
1 large stalk broccoli
2 tbsp butter
3 cups sliced mushrooms
salt & pepper
6 cups shredded oka cheese
1. Peel potatoes and cook in boiling, salted water for 20-30 minutes until tender. Add carrot during last 5 minutes of cooking time. Remove veggies with slotted spoon and slice potatoes thinly.
2. Peel broccoli stalk, cut stalk and florets into bite size pieces. Cook for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water.
3. Melt butter in skillet, cook mushrooms for 6 minutes or until tender.
4. In shallow greased 8 cup baking dish, overlap half the potatoes. Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with 2 cups of cheese. Layer carrot, broccoli and mushrooms on top. Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with 1 cup of cheese.
5. Top with overlapping slices of remaining potatoe. Season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes in 350F oven or until heated through and cheese is melted. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until top is brown.