1 head white cauliflower, chopped
1 potato, peeled & chopped
1 large onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed
4 bay leaves
1/2 cup 35% cream
2 quarts vegetable stock
2 tbsp butter
Salt & pepper to taste
4 cups focaccia, diced ½ inch cubes
1/4 cup dry mushroom (porcini or any other edible type)
1/4 cup grated parmigiano
- To Make Soup: In a stockpot on med-high heat, add the butter, onion and garlic, then cook until translucent.
- Add cauliflower, potato, bay leaves and enough vegetable stock to cover the cauliflower.
- Simmer gently for about one hour. Add more stock if needed.
- Add the cream, and using as immersion blender, puree the soup well. If needed, you can strain the soup. Be sure to keep the soup warm.
- To Make Crostini: Put the dry mushrooms in a coffee grinder and blend they turn into a powder, and then store in a shaker.
- Season the focaccia with olive oil, salt and pepper, then bake at 400F until crisp.
- While still hot, sprinkle with cheese and mushroom powder, and then serve.