We're going for a New Year's Eve run tonight .... I guess I do this most years. Running is key to my fitness plan and running on New Year's Eve is symbolic for me - it restates my intention to focus on running for the upcoming year. Even though I do lots of other sports that contribute to fitness, running year round is what holds it all together.
My health & fitness resolutions for the New Year .... (subject to revision & fine-tuning)
Fitness - these are 'maintain' type of resolutions -
(1) Run 3 X per week + 1-2 cross training activites (cycling or skiing)
(2) Gym work-out 3-4 X per week, which includes weights, abs and stretching - work out a new weight routine for the New Year
(3) Pilates weekly
(4) Lose those 5 pounds I keep talking about
(1) Cut way down on processed foods & sugars choosing 'real' food instead
(2) Choose organic when ever that is a viable choice
(3) Add 'greens' to my protein shake
(4) Consistently take a multi-vitamin supplement
(5) Consistently drink 8 glasses of water
(6) Eliminate trans fats
I won't say these are easy, but, they are part of my life now so its a renewed commitment. There are other, and probably more important, resolutions I want to make ... these I am going to sort out tonight. It is these ones that I need the most and will represent a greater challenge.